Medicare Forms

Find all the Medicare Forms you will need when it comes to online claiming with Medicare or the Funds here.



Applying for a New Site Certificate
If you have never sent claims electronically before and do not have a Site Certificate follow the instructions here. There are different instructions if you are a hospital, and a different set of instructions for an individual or medical/specialist practice.
Follow this link to determine which form to fill out and to see the instructions:
Linking your practitioners to your new Minor ID
If you are new to eClaims or SimDay BUT have been sending electronic claims using a different system prior (therefore you have a Site Certificate), then we need to let Medicare know you have a new Minor ID.
Follow this link to determine which form to fill out and to see the instructions:
Renewing or Revoking your Site Certificate
If you need to renew your Site Certificate or you have misplaced your Site Certificate and need a new one, follow the steps on this link.
Updating Your Banking Details (For Multiple Providers)
If you need to update the banking details for your Medicare/DVA claims, follow the steps on this link.
Follow this link to determine which form to fill out and to see the instructions:
Updating Your Minor ID (For Multiple Providers)
If you just need to update the minor ID (also known as location ID) for multiple providers, there is an easier and quicker way to do this without having to get all your providers to sign a banking form. Follow the steps on this link.Note that this will only work if the banking details are not going to be changed AND all these providers have previously registered for online claiming. Also, since you will be dealing directly with Medicare if you use this method, please be advised that we cannot liaise and follow up with them for you.This method is beneficial only for organisations that bill for 10 or more providers. If you have fewer than 10 providers, it might be easier to get them to sign a banking form (instructions for this are in the row above).

For any assistance with your Medicare paperwork, contact our sales team either via:

Phone 02 9632 0026


Frequently Asked Questions

Send an email if you couldn't find an answer to your question here.

Who should be the Certificate Manager (CM)–the doctor or the facility manager?

The CM can be the business owner, manager or the doctor (with a provider number). However if the CM does not have a provider number, then more paperwork is required, so often it is easier to make the doctor the CM.

What sort of IDs can the CM and/or the Authoriser provide?
If the CM or Authoriser has no provider number, he or she will need to provide one certified ID from the Primary Group and one certified ID from the Secondary Group. See the table below. Make sure to include a deed poll or marriage certificate if there is a difference in name on these documents.
Australian Passport

Primary Group

Foreign passport
Australian driver license
Australian Government issued proof of age card/photo card
Australian secondary student identity document (issued by a government agency or Australian school only)
Secondary GroupDepartment of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) issued Certificate or Document of Identity
DFAT issued United Nations convention travel document
Foreign government issued documents (e.g., driver licences)
Medicare Card
Enrolment with the Australian Electoral Commission
Security guard/crowd control photo licence
Evidence of right to a government benefit (Department of Veterans' Affairs or Centrelink)
Consular photo identity card issued by DFAT
Police force officer photo identity card
Commonwealth or state/territory government photo ID card
Aviation Security Identification Card
Firearms licence
Credit reference check
Australian tertiary student photo identity document
Australian secondary student photo identity document
Certified academic transcript from an Australian university
Trusted referees report
Bank or Credit card
Other authoritative online sources of evidence verified by a Third Party Identity Provider
What if I cant provide 2 of the above stated forms of ID?

In this case, the CM must provide a Statutory Declaration explaining why the CM is unable to provide the 100 points ID.

Can anyone be the Acceptable Referee, perhaps another doctor?

Yes, another doctor can be the Acceptable Referee. On the Acceptable referee form on page 2, it lists all professions who can be the Acceptable Referee.

Can I have two different persons certify various documents?

Yes, you can have multiple people to certify your documents. However, you will need the certifier to complete an Acceptable Referee form.